1. When did you start racing and why?
I started racing in 2012, but 2013 was my first full year. I’ve always loved riding my bike and had even done some alley cat races before, but I wanted to test myself against other people who were trying as hard as I was.
2. What makes you love cycling so much?
Just being out on the bike is so freeing. You can really get in the moment when your riding to the edge of your ability.
3. What different cycling disciplines do you participate? Race or recreation?
I ride my road bike a lot obviously. I also love mountain biking. I’m not good at it, but it’s blast.
4. What do you take in your jersey on long rides?
I always have my music with me on a long ride and strava is always turned on to get segments. Granola bars are also a must. Gotta have at least 2 spare tubes.
5. What piece of your cycling gear(clothing, wheels, anything) is your favorite?
I have a wheel wrench that’s also a bottle opener. I ride my fixie all winter and it doesn’t have quick release wheels, so I need it to change flats. Plus, I’m always ready for a nice mid ride beer stop.
6. Which pro cyclist will you cheer for in the 2017 pro peloton?
I like Niaro Quentana (check my spelling)this year. The tour route for 2015 looks custom made for this guy. When he rides you can never tell how he’s feeling. He’s got the ultimate poker face.
7. Which pro cyclist do you think your style is most like?
I don’t know which pro my style is most like. I suspect that I’m to have any success it will come from being opportunistic, perhaps in break aways. Maybe Tommy V.
8. What do you eat after a long ride or race?
A three way from skyline.
9. What is your favorite race memory, what race was it and why do you remember it?
It would have to be my first real race at the Grandview Crit. It was the hardest 30 minutes of just about anything I’d ever done. I finished like 50th place, but I finished on the lead lap. I was so exhausted at the end, but the only thing I could think was, when can I do this again!
10. What advice do you give to your team member or a new team member?
11. What are your 2017 goals?
I’d like to get a win.
12. When you aren’t pedaling your bike what do you like to do?
I’m a bit of a motor head. I ride motorcycle and love to watch racing. I’m a huge F1 and motogp fan.