1. When did you start racing and why?
I have been racing since 2011. I started on the BGSU club team racing in the MWCC and I haven’t looked back.
2. What makes you love cycling so much?
Bicycling = Freedom
3. What different cycling disciplines do you participate? Race or recreation?
I am a pure roadie. I measure sock length by the millimeter and I don’t show myself in public without a matching cockpit. I enjoy all forms of cycling but I will forever be married to the road.
4. What do you take in your jersey on long rides?
Spare kit (tire lever, co2, tube), cellphone, cash and ID.
5. What piece of your cycling gear (clothing, wheels, anything) is your favorite?
My helmet. Catlike be like woh!
6. Which pro cyclist will you cheer for in the pro peloton?
Do I really need to answer this? You know I’m going with my man Peter Sagan.
7. Which pro cyclist do you think your style is most like?
Dan Craven. I don’t have the hair but I make up for it with the beard.
8. What do you eat after a long ride or race?
Protein shake and peanut butter cups.
9. What is your favorite race memory, what race was it and why do you remember it?
Iceman 2012. Simultaneously the most awful and most rewarding experience I have ever had on a bicycle.
10. What advice do you give to your team member or a new team member?
He who suffers most and suffers best wins.
11. What are your 2017 goals?
Cat. 4 Ohio Crit Champ, Top 10 in the Ohio Road race championship.
12. When you aren’t pedaling your bike what do you like to do?
Officiate football, Camping/Canoeing and Rock Climbing